US News

TRUMP Just Gave Some GREAT NEWS TO EVERYONE ON SOCIAL SECURITY!

on

THERE IS SOME GOOD NEWS COMING OUT OF WASHINGTON FOR SENIORS RIGHT NOW.

THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS A LOT OF WORK TO DO TO SECURE SOCIAL SECURITY AND ENSURE THOSE WHO PAID IN ARE GETTING THEIR MONEY BACK. TRUMP HAS NOT TACKLED THE PROBLEM COMPLETELY YET BUT THERE IS STILL SOME GOOD NEWS FOR THOSE WHO ARE BUSTING THEIR BUTTS TO ADD TO THEIR INCOME WHILE COLLECTING THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS.

WORLD NEWS POLITICS
Reports: 2017 will bring modest payment increases for all social security recipients. The average monthly payment will increase to $1,360 for single recipients and about $2,260 for married couples.

But that’s not all the good news coming from Washington these days. Social Security recipients who want or need to work just got a helping hand from Washington.

Those people, who want or need to work, will now be able to earn more in 2017 without affecting their benefits.

Those under 65 can earn up to $16, 920 this year. Those who are turning 66 can earn as much as $44, 880, up $3,000 from last year.

In the past, if you worked and received benefits you faced penalties if you earned too much. Those penalties are going down this year, reflecting the new reality that Americans are working much later that before.

$1 in benefits will be withheld for every $2 over the maximum earnings for those under age 65. For those 66, but not yet full retirement age (66yrs, 2 months), $1 for every $3 earned over the limit will be held back.

Once full retirement age is reached, there is no limit on what one can earn. Also, any money previously withheld will be returned.

The maximum benefit payment a person at full retirement age will get is going up to $2,687. However, that payment could increase by more, if retirement is delayed until age 67.

WHILE THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO START WE EXPECT TO SEE MUCH MORE FROM TRUMP TO TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE WHO PAID INTO THIS SYSTEM WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THEY WERE GOING TO GET THEIR MONEY BACK WHEN THEY NEEDED IT. I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOCIAL SECURITY PAYMENTS TIED TO THE INFLATION RATE SO SENIORS, WHO ARE ON A FIXED INCOME, DO NOT SEE THEIR PURCHASING POWER CONTINUE TO DECLINE.

About Dagney Taggart

43 Comments

1. Bill Vance

April 14, 2017 at 2:52 am

Sounds nice, when is it going to happen?

• Patricia

June 30, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Thank you our president rocking get 532.mo and have to work at work I get 22 hour a week I sure can yes the hell thank you God be with u God bless

• Malchus

July 4, 2017 at 8:42 am

That is totally up to Congress. Trump can only put pressure on them, but cannot make the increase on his own initiative.

• Kathy Wheeler

July 20, 2017 at 5:54 am

Well, at least he is trying..

• Charles H.

July 20, 2017 at 11:18 am

Just like it was totally up to Congress to initiate a health care bill that hurt everybody! So he used an executive order to do it so he couldn’t be stopped! Like Trump can if he wants!

2. Ray DeRosa

April 14, 2017 at 3:11 am

We seniors also need help w/medical . I receive $2000 monthly and my co-pays are $1000 monthly . No help w/glasses or hearing aids or dental . It’s close to impossible . I would get a job if I could…. my disability and total health won’t allow me to . HELP !

3. Cathy

April 14, 2017 at 10:47 am

I would like to know when this is going to happen. I am in dire need of more money a month and this is a blessing. Thank You President Trump. I knew I was right about you since 2012. Keep up the good work. And for you fake news people I looked this up on the Social Security Web Page and the pay increase is there. So stick that in you pipe and smoke it.

• Nina

June 2, 2017 at 5:45 am

I don’t ever see this happening!
      I get the minimum. And i have worked since I was 14. Full time after school and weekends!
      It’s hard trying to live on 640 a mon. And my husband only gets 1080. After working since he was 12. But was on books since he was 16.

4. Martha Lynn Sandy

April 14, 2017 at 11:33 am

Paid in for 30 year got hurt at work live on next to nothing on disability I didn’t asked to be hurt now being punished by SSI because I can’t work even part time yet no increase to amount to jack-when is he going to help those who need it price sky high can’t afford to live-or have a decent auto to get to doctors appointment get penalized can pledge all you want I want action so does my wallet. Am disabled but a non paid caregiver when they going to pay me for the 900 plus hours of unpaid work taking care of invalid if in nursing home lose his income which leaves me with about 25.00 a month after some bills are paid don’t talk or pledge do it This is a joke to much till you try to get by on -The VA is getting worse again had my helpers hours cut without being told nothing for over 2 weeks so up goes my unpaid hours again the agency’s get over 2,000.00 a month for less than 100 hours a month I still have to take him to appointment he can not longer walk I push the W/C not trump time to fix this don’t they thin K I could use extra income I did not have a choice in the matter at all so at 60 confined mostly to the house unless appointment or shopping for food or doing outside maintained on a house that needs a lot of work done to it he can not longer do it I am not suppose to they need to get a grip on the real world not everyone has MONEY TO LIVE much less afford what you need

• Timmy Powell

June 2, 2017 at 4:20 am

The same happen to me i worked for 31 years and gotten hurt and im not make enough to support a family of 4

5. CAROL MCNEELY

April 14, 2017 at 3:05 pm

W H E N

6. Barbara Davis

April 14, 2017 at 3:14 pm

I called our local Soc Sec office they said this is a scam there is no increase of our socawc checks coming . Very disappointed . It’s hard living on fixed income and trying to balance monthly rent utilities groceries and prescription meds never enough money to go around

7. Lenay Henkes

April 14, 2017 at 4:05 pm

I will not vote for Donald Trump a second time around. He did not increase social security, he increased our medicare deduction. I already pay for private insurance out of pocket for my health care, plus I pay for medicare which covers nothing away. He is sticking it to those who need their benefits increased. We are living longer now.

• Ken

May 1, 2017 at 1:35 am

You are nuts! Medicare was increased during OBAMA’S Presidency! Not Trump’s..Nice try Libtard! Lies again!

• Elizba bagin

May 7, 2017 at 3:03 am

Does it make you feel better to call someone libtard. Define it. What is a libtard. That is an insult to those who are retarded using this so nastily. They were suppose to give ssdi raise this year but didnt. Also medicare rates will go up medicaid is getting gutted by 8000000. Ken do you know what that number is. Save your time i dont give a sh..what you say.

• vikki

May 15, 2017 at 12:17 pm

LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISEASE !!!!

• sandy

May 8, 2017 at 3:09 am

no you lie, I haven’t hd increase for 3 years

• Sharon Morin

June 29, 2017 at 11:41 pm

Good you are right about medicare.

• Francine Stover

May 22, 2017 at 1:41 am

Your Medicare increase way into effect before Donald Trump was inaugurated as president

8. Mary E Hands

April 14, 2017 at 4:49 pm

good news would be if the people trying to live o Soc. Sec. would get a decent monthly raise. it is way past due.

• maxine

May 14, 2017 at 3:51 pm

If it is real we hope so as seniors need it ,as I live on 1,100 and can not make ends meet.

9. Mary E Hands

April 14, 2017 at 4:50 pm

Good news would be if the people living on Soc. Sec. would get a nice increase in their monthly check. It is way over due.

10. mary johnson

April 14, 2017 at 5:02 pm

i sure would like to see the ons on a fixed income get more money i am on a fixed income and i can;t get ahead because i don’t get enough money it takes all i have to pay my bills we need a good rase

11. Karen Stewart

April 15, 2017 at 2:15 pm

thank you Mr Trump I’m a so SS and I got guardianship have a little boy my income is not enough thank you for helping American people

12. Debbie Gueho

April 15, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Where do I on SSD fit in also 65yo?

13. cjs

April 16, 2017 at 12:00 am

BULLSHIT, His administration is doing their damn-est to take it away from us, and give it to the investment brokers like W tried. Wake the hell up people.

14. Robert cates

April 18, 2017 at 1:08 am

When will this go into effect?

15. Carl Del Santo

April 18, 2017 at 5:33 am

The question on everyone’s mind is when will this take place?? Or is it a bunch of BULLSHIT??

• Larry Launderville

April 25, 2017 at 7:02 am

$1,360 must be nice I get $820.00 my rent was 700

16. Ann Perkinton

April 25, 2017 at 7:16 am

I have a rent increase of $600 this year and a Social Security increase of $12. That’s in addition to all of the medical cuts.

17. pat

April 30, 2017 at 7:53 pm

i only make 600.00 a month so i really need it with all my medical bill i have to pay

18. Ramona

May 6, 2017 at 12:59 pm

Stop taxing social security. Change IRS laws to stop taxing any part of Social security income. Most people don’t know about this until they actually retire. It hits single filers especially hard.

19. William English

May 6, 2017 at 10:59 pm

WHO IS AT FAULT ABOUT THIS—HOW ABOUT THE GREEDY CONGRESS FOLKS WHERE S THE LOCK BOX THAT S.S. IS SUPPOSE TO HAVE!!!!!!!

• MEME35

May 7, 2017 at 12:00 am

PRESIDENT CAN FIGHT FOR ANY PERPOSAL HE WANTS! REMEMBER THOSE DEMS THAT SAID THEY WOULD THEY WOULD AND FIGHT ANYTHING HE TRIES TO DO AND THEY DONT CARE WHO GETS HURT[AS LONG AS THEY PROFIT!

20. J. Odom

May 8, 2017 at 5:58 am

Soc Sec; work all you want; you won’t ever get your full soc sec you worked for. Under the wing law, you get only a percentage of what you worked for if you retired from a government job; and worked and paid into soc sec for 18 years you might get 20 percent if that much.

21. Rob Cottrell

May 14, 2017 at 4:19 pm

LBJ ruined SS when he moved the trust fund over to the general fund to help fund the budget. The democrats have never been able to stand seeing money laying any where! It HAS to be spent! I’m on disability too. I got hurt at work! Didn’t ask for it. Didn’t ask for their inability to maintain things. Rather be working. I’ll take any raise I get. Obama gave us NOTHING! TOOK EVERYTHING! All I can say is beware of the democrats. History will show that a majority of the ones in power currently are corrupt. Hopefully term limits will be started and they will be gone or they will be caught and prosecuted!

22. LOUIS

May 14, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Please we need help everything is going up but not our s.s. benefits .living is a struggle.I worked and paid my whole working life.why am I still paying for Medicare and Medicaid recipents do not pay anything.? PLEASE HELP

23. buddylea

May 22, 2017 at 6:27 am

since the last 6 years we got 1.7% increase, nothing the next year, then a 1.3% increase and then nothing the next year, then a .3% increase, which went to medicare. Congress stole our moneies and have refused to pay it back and then say we don’t deserve an increase due to lower gas prices.

24. ronnie/ZTX

June 2, 2017 at 6:00 am

4 what i get in SS benefits ..i had to claim disability but b/4 i could get it had to wait 2 years..lived off hubbys 401k & mine which barely got us thru..if i wasn.t married & dependent on hubby barely pay rent with little left over i.d n screwed…what a life i would have lived..POVERTY

25. ex logger

June 2, 2017 at 3:17 pm

It’s about time, between my wife and I the co-pay medical insurance eats one of our SS checks. I work part time so we can get by, and we live very modestly.

26. dave

July 4, 2017 at 9:46 pm

I am 70 an look forward to any increase in SS and If it weren’t for the VA, I might have a problem with medical. Have bladder cancer. Last SS was 1.00 laes , not more. Rent up 30.00 per month and almost everything else went up 10.00 yo 15.00. Democrats took billions from or SS and medicare. Never see that again?
    When Dems raise minimum wage, all else goes up to more than match except SS payments.
    Hopefully we go back to SS payments tied to inflation like it was before Democrats screwed us.

27. Debra J Cox

July 20, 2017 at 9:41 am

I wish this was true. I know he would like it to be true. But this is fake news. They are trying hard to stay a float giving us what we get. I don’t see this happening with the deficit so bad. Where would the money come from? They have already gotten their hands into our money for other programs. Sorry, but don’t count on this.

28. Rodney W Morrow

July 20, 2017 at 2:11 pm

fake news again gezz cant they stop with the fake news i tried to go on retirement and they told me i would only get 760 a month and i worked al these years so get a grip everyone they just baited u with fake news again